Thursday, July 11, 2013

Stuck in Labrador City for the next few days

Well I made it across the Trans-Lab Highway without problems, but I neglected to consider the problems of making it down through Quebec.  They've got forest fires down there as well, and now we're getting word that one of the large bridges has been destroyed by the fires; there is no ETA when it will be opened again, and there's no other route through the area.

To make things even stranger, now they've closed the highway going back east, from Labrador City to Goose Bay due to more forest fire flare-ups; I couldn't go back that way even if I wanted to.

The city is under rationing now; they're not allowing anyone to buy more than $50 worth of gas and water usage is being curtailed.  I'm not sure how this is going to pan out.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. At least you have internet, that makes being stuck somewhere a bit easier to deal with.

    ReplyDelete