Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I simply do not understand why people CHOOSE to live in places like the midwest, when there are parts of the country that look like this.



For the last couple of days, I've been in northern Georgia, then Tennessee and South Carolina, spending a lot of time on the various roads here.  And this place is just . . . astounding.  I think the only place I've ever seen that has more amazing views then the Great Smokey Mountains is probably New Zealand.

I'm in Asheville, SC right now, in a laundromat.  Yay for clean clothes!  Tonight I'm going to camp in a real campground, and make liberal use of their showers, because . . . I smell.  Very potantly.  Clean clothes ran out three days ago and I've been on the same pair of underwear and socks since then.  Lets just say that I don't make pleseant company right now.

I'm dialed in through my cell phone at the moment, so I can't upload any of the copious number of pictures I've taken, or the videos I took of me attacking some of the most incredible roads ever paved.  But I will soon, I promise.

I will, however, leave you with a picture of a new friend that I made at a senic view pull-off along the Blue Ridge Parkway, when I came back to my bike after taking pictures of the view.



1 comment:

  1. But don't you come from Chicago? Just wait until you hit the north east...

    ReplyDelete